- Kids Train for Triathlons (TN)
Read about some of the amazing challenges home school families are taking together.
- There is Hope for the Organizationally Challenged (Patch)
One mom shares her journey toward a workable schedule for her home school.
- Today's lesson: Home-school the kids in financial literacy (Canada)
Children learn their most valuable lessons about budgeting and relating wisely to money at home.
- Christian Ministries and Southern Tornadoes (Acton)
See how the Church is stepping up to help in the aftermath of this week's devastating storms.
- 150 Years Later: Primary Sources, Technology Bring the Civil War to Life (EdWeek)
Check out these resources to help your students to first-hand accounts of the Civil War.
- How will state pay for home schooling? (WA)
ALE (alternative learning experiences) give the government authority over families' home school choices: "'We are concerned that these programs are redefining ‘home schooling’ as something now offered through the public school,' Scott Brannan, president of the Christian Homeschool Network, wrote in a letter to the superintendent’s office."
- Embracing a Classical Education (Washington Post)
One Catholic school turns to the classical model to train students in the good, the true, and the beautiful.
- New Museum Will Strive to 'Reveal the Wonders' of Math (EdWeek)
Start planning your visit to the new Math museum in NYC! Opens in 2012. Visit MoMath.org for more information.
Friday, April 29, 2011
Labels: News of the Day